Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We had a nice day today. If you haven't tried cooking with your spouse, I highly recommend it. I picked out three new recipes and we made them together today. It is a nice bonding experience and you get some great food to eat when you are done!! Here are the recipes we made tonight: Italian Meat Loaf, Potato-Gorgonzola Gratin, and Pound Cake. The original recipe for the pound cake calls for blueberries, but I had fresh raspberries and used those instead. I think they were pretty good and none of them are on our "do not make again" list. I hope we make this a weekly ritual as it is something we enjoy doing together. I was happy we got to share all our hard work with my friend Fran! I think she was thrilled she didn't have to cook tonight; I know I would be! :o)

School is providing a good distraction for me. It makes me get out of the house every day and interact with others. It also gives me something besides my grief to focus on. It is a summer class so we are packing in all the information in 5 weeks! It requires a lot of reading, that's for sure! I find my professor a little difficult to read, so we'll see how the first exam goes on Thursday. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Good Luck I know you will do a great job on your test... don't underestimate yourself.