Friday, June 5, 2009

This weekend is a sad one for me. This week last year was the weekend of my baby shower. I hadn't planned on having one. I didn't think anyone would come. I was so shocked when we had a huge room full of people and that picture only shows a part of all the beautiful gifts we were given that day. To my amazement, my friend Brandi and her family came all the way from Baltimore to be here for it. It meant so much to me that she did that. She always has a special place in my heart because she was the one with me when I met Jason face to face for the first time. She watched our relationship develop and mature and stood by my side when he became my husband.
It is almost impossible for me to imagine that Eli would have been 10 months old this week. I know August 2nd is going to be here before I'm ready for it. I wish I had the words to describe how much I miss him. I think I would miss an arm or hand less than I do him. He became my reason for everything. It is hard to lose something that important. I am just thankful for my Jason. I know that without him, I wouldn't be here now. It was too bad of a place to want to stay after Eli's last breaths but I didn't have the heart to put Jason through any more loss. I love him beyond words.
It is just unthinkable how much can change in the short span of a year. Be careful that you aren't wasting your precious time with your little ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you guys. And I love your poem. Missing you bad today!

Brandi