Wednesday, April 8, 2009


MY MOM LIES

My mom she told a lot of lies
She never did before.
From now on until she dies, she'll tell a whole lot more.
Ask my mom how she is
And, because she can't explain
She will tell a little lie,
Because, she can't describe the pain.
Ask my mom how is she,
She'll say "I am alright".
If that's the truth mom, why is it you cry alone each night?
Ask my mom how she is; she seems to cope so well.
She didn't have a choice, you see... nor the strength to yell.
Ask my mom how is she, "I'm fine, I'm good, I'm coping",
"For God's sake mom! Just tell the truth" just say your heart is broken!!!
She loved me all my life; I've loved her all of mine.
But, if you ask her how she is, she'll lie and say "just fine".
I am in heaven, I cannot hug from here
She'll lie to you, but just don't listen,
Hug her and hold her near.
On the day we meet again, we'll smile and I'll be bold,
I'll say you lucky to get in here mom... with all the lies you told!

1 comment:

Murphy's Law said...

I love the new song you have up (Brad/Dolly). It's so fitting for our boys, isn't it?

Love the new poem. It's so true!