Friday, March 20, 2009

It's always the little things...

One of my favorite holidays is Easter. I LOVE making Easter baskets. Last year when I thought about how I would be spending my next Easter, I pictured myself buying lots of little toys and cute things for my little guy. I never thought they would not go into a basket, but on a grave instead. I cried walking through all the Easter aisles at Target today. I found some baseballs eggs that I might glue on sticks and put out for him. I wish I could plant daffodils out there, but they ask that all flowers be in a vase on the headstone.

I was looking forward to seeing all the holidays through a child's eyes. Now I just seem them through the eyes of a broken mom. Some days all of this still doesn't seem real. It's like a nightmare that never ends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. That just made me cry.

Hang in there sweetie. I was at a stamping party with some friends today. Maybe you can go stamp and craft. It really can absorb you and make the day fly by.

Of course, the wine helped too.