Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I never thought I'd miss stinky baby feet. or smelly baby hands. or getting up several times a night. I do though. We both do. I miss the early morning stretch he would do as soon as we broke the swaddle. I miss the big smiles we would get when it was diaper change time. He loved the changing table and always gave us these huge, happy smiles. That made diaper changing not so big of a deal. How could we hate doing it when we were rewarded with such a happy little man? I miss holding and rocking him to sleep at night. I think I even miss all the things we never even got to do.

Leaving a mom or dad with empty arms is such a cruel thing to do. SMA is such an evil disease. If you haven't signed the petition, please do it. Do it for those parents who still have HOPE that they might to see their little one grow up.

2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Yeah. I hear you, Rita! I was in love with those stinky hands and feet too. Sending hugs.

~Laurie

Anonymous said...

You and your family are still in my thoughts. Hugs.