Sunday, May 17, 2009

Conquering your fears through action
Life brings with it many doubts and fears. But the unknown and the untried have held more people back than any lack of ability. Most successes are never seen because they're never attempted. The courage to face your fears can build momentum that creates magic. Each time you overcome an obstacle, a fear or a step back, you gain confidence. Every small victory helps you feel more certain of yourself and your direction, pushing you further and faster than you ever thought possible. You can do it! What's holding you back? True, fears are intimidating. So start small. Believe in yourself and take one small swipe at your fear today just to see what happens. If you can't talk yourself past the "point of no return", get a friend to help. In the end, half of the doing is in the deciding. If you stumble, don't be afraid to brush yourself off and jump back in.
I feel someone who knows my innermost thoughts wrote this. I am always hesitant to jump in and try new things for fear of failure. If I do get the courage to start, I'm immediately ready to quit if I am not the best and as good as the people doing it for a long time. I have expectations of myself and my abilities that are just not realistic. I know that and I try to remember practice makes pefect, but sometimes I let my doubts and fears get in the way and I end up with more crap piled in my closet. If anyone wants to come cross-stitch, bake cakes, or sew, come one over... Maybe I can learn something from you and actually use some of the supplies I purchased thinking I was going to have a new hobby.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh Rita, I wish we lived closer...
I love to scrapbook, have fun baking cakes, although I am not the best at it... and you know I love to scrapbook :)