If you want to participate in this letter writing campaign, please do!
Hi SMA Families:
We are all working hard to raise awareness of SMA and what better way to reach the masses than on the Oprah Winfrey Show. We know many of you have contacted her in the past and we know this is a long shot, but we hope that through a collaborative effort and a little PR work, we may be able to garner some much needed attention. So, we want your story about SMA.
The plan is to restuff every letter in matching brightly colored envelopes and then send all the letters in one big package.
Here is what we are asking:
1) Write your letter. Your letter should be highly personal, about your experience, your child, your thoughts and why SMA should be on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Each family is welcome to submit more than one letter, but they should each be written by a different person in the family and individually written (for example, mother, father and grandmother are welcome to each submit a letter, but again they should all be individually and personally written).
2) Please keep letters to ONE page. (We know this is difficult, but a MUST per PR advice!)
3) Include pictures, links to your personal blogs, decorate your letter in any way you want.
4) Mail letters NO LATER than September 5th to:
PO BOX 1611
Gladewater, TX 75647
5) Letters will be restuffed and sent out on September 15th. If you have any questions, please contact either Audra Butler, Devon Lovelace, Donna Trakas or Victoria Strong.
We are looking forward to receiving your letter and thank you for all of your hard work,
Audra, Devon, Donna, & Victoria