Friday, March 12, 2010

Today I'm feeling very sorry for myself and having my own pity party.   This week I've missed having friends.  I have plenty of casual friends, but I miss the type of friendships I had back in my college days.   I miss hanging out at someone's house or having friends over for no reason at all.    It didn't have to be someone's birthday or a holiday; we just enjoyed being with each other.  There were several points in my life that I probably spent more time at a friend's house or apartment than my own.   I don't know how many times I ate dinner or colored my hair sitting in someone's living room.  It was just life spent together, enjoyed TOGETHER.

I miss that.   I also miss having a best friend.  I want someone who will sit on the couch and laugh with me, who can cry with me on my bad days, or who will just drop by to say hi and have a coffee.    For me, that type of relationship left when I moved to Texas.   I think that's a huge part of why I'm always so discontent here.   It's good to have friends you see a once or twice a month, but I always find myself longing for so much more than that.    I suppose seeing someone other than family every few days is more like codependency at this point in life and I should just get over that whole idea...  Jason is a wonderful husband and friend, but he doesn't gossip or drink coffee.  :)  

So, that's where I am this week.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rita,

I wish I was in TX:( I don't drink coffee and I am allergic to cats, but I bet we could find a way to make it work. Maybe I should start looking for jobs in your area! Miss you and love you
Brandi

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way too :(. I am always wishing that I still had my real friends close by. I miss my BFF Heather every day. It just doesn't seem the same when I meet people here in Austin...maybe we can only forge those types of friendships when we are younger? Who knows?

We have to plan another girl's night out like the NKOTB night :).

Emma

niki said...

I know what you mean - I have many close friends, but not a BEST friend that lives here that is my go to girl. We live in the same hood - maybe we need to start hanging out more!!

LOVE YA!!

Niki

Anonymous said...

I totally know how you feel on this! I spend too much time alone these days. I wish I lived in Texas and I would come visit! Plus, I've really always wanted to move to Texas!