Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cooking!

One thing Jason and I have found that we like to do together is cook, so that's what we did a lot of this week.    This was our Tuesday night meal of baked fish, macaroni and cheese, and steamed broccoli.   I liked the fish because the mayo/lime sauce under the crumb topping gave it a hint of the tarter sauce I usually have with my fish.   The macaroni and cheese had a good flavor, but it definitely needs less baking time.  It was very creamy when we put it in the baking dish, but the oven dried up much of the sauce.   It does look good right out of the oven though, right?

On Monday night we had my favorite meal of blackened mahi mahi, jambalaya rice, and salad.  One of our local (expensive) seafood restaurants makes this great rice and I really wanted some without the cost of going there.   I found this recipe from Cooking Light and decided to try it out.  It wasn't exactly the same, but pretty good nonetheless.  We just seasoned the fish with some store-bought blackening spice.    


Last night we had our tried-and-true meatloaf with Jason's mashed potatoes and salad.   I forgot to snap a picture because we were late getting dinner started and by the time it was ready, we were HUNGRY.   

1 comment:

mylittlepaperaddiction said...

Oh wow! It all looks scrumtious! What time shall I be over for dinner? :)