Sunday, November 22, 2009

One year ago...


Things are just going along around here. It is a tough time of year for anyone who has lost a family member, but especially so for those who are missing children. It is hard to walk in a store and see all the Christmas decorations....to think of all that we are missing out on this year. I know the weeks to come are going to some of the most difficult of my life. I am thankful I have a wonderful husband by my side who understands the pain of missing our beautiful boy.


The Unite for the Cure fundraiser wraps up this week, so if you haven't donated and would still like to help, please go to the website and do so. It means the world to us and so many other families. It doesn't have to be a lot of money...any amount will do. Over $70,000 has been raised so far and I hope to see the numbers climb as the month comes to an end. We still have money from my card sales, the Waffle House dinner, and some bake sale money to send in.


If you are a craft person and love to cross-stitch, you might want to get involved with a group called Cole's Quilts. It is a volunteer effort to make quilts for children with SMA or a memory quilt for the angels. Each square has been cross-stitched by a volunteer. They are currently working on one for Eli. MJ and her caregiver Brenda made a square for Eli and I noticed that a volunteer named Rita had made one that is now on his completed square list. It is a great cause and the lady who coordinates it, Linda, has been such a sweetheart in all of her emails. She was originally going to make a quilt out of Eli's clothes but I couldn't part with them right now.

No comments: